Tuesday 31 December 2019

Best of 2019 mix, Volume 2


It's been quite a prolific year on this blog, which I will bring to an end with more of my favourite songs from the past 12 months. Maybe one day I could compile a "Best of the 2010s" mix...
Personally, it's been a very difficult year, having been evicted from my home of many years and having to move away from South London where I have lived most of my life. Losing my independence, plus not seeing my friends or visiting my regular haunts I've found rather depressing and something I'm still trying to deal with over a year later. Immersing myself into this blog and compiling all of these mixes I've found somewhat therapeutic, helping keep me relatively sane with all the madness going on around where I am living now. Hopefully things will improve in the next year, though of course that could lead to much fewer posts! 

Special thanks to my good friend Sarah who provided the original photo (which I've tweaked a little bit...) for the artwork. Happy new year to everyone and I hope you enjoy this latest collection of tunes.

  1. Pere Ubu - Flicking Cigarettes at the Sun (3:20)
  2. The Winstons - Rocket Belt (3:00)
  3. Sebastian Field - Liberty Bell (5:02)
  4. Boogarins - Dislexia ou Transe (3:13)
  5. Edwyn Collins - Outside (1:57)
  6. Automatic - Humanoid (3:15)
  7. Léo Mirland - Tout est Temporaire (3:50)
  8. Kaleta & Super Yamba Band - Hungry Man, Angry Man (3:58)
  9. Masaki Batoh - Dum Spiro Spero (3:04)
10. that dog. - Drip Drops (2:26)
11. Purple Pilgrims - Two Worlds Apart (3:42)
12. Teeth of the Sea - Fortean Steed (3:56)
13. Karl Hector and The Malcouns - Mother Seletta (8:05)
14. Jangada Pirata - Ah, Não Vai Dar (4:53)
15. Clinic - Ferryboat of the Mind (2:09)
16. Mermaidens - The Cut (3:43)
17. Mikal Cronin - I've Got Reason (3:44)
18. Professor Wouassa - Iba Niawoulo (7:48)
19. Dolphin Midwives - Grass Grow (4:27)
20. Jouis - Effloresce (4:08)



6 comments:

Javier said...

All the best for the new year and big thanks for all your music gifts mate!

walnut said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope the coming year is better. Thanks so much for all the work you do!

Paladin64 said...

Hello,

at first many thanks for the great work and effort doing here.
I am very sorry to hear about your private problems.
It is bad when circumstances of life take away the reference points and roots. It is good to hear that you have a good friend who is there for you. I wish you all the best for the new year 2020.

Mandy thanks and nice greetings from Germany

zipper said...

Cheers SB and hopefully 2020 will bring you more happiness than 2019 has.

slugbucket said...

Thanks for all the good wishes. I know I cannot carry on living where I am right now for another year, it's been very tough, but hopefully something will turn up and I can find somewhere else. Cheers.

jde024 said...

Best wishes for you in 2020, SB. Many thanks for your yearly favorites!

Cheers from Detroit.