Tuesday 24 September 2019

Songs from Beneath the Spaghetti Tree Vol. 21



If anyone has recently visited and wondering what is going on, I'll repost this from earlier:
With the forthcoming changes in Mixcloud, I have decided to post all of my Spaghetti Tree mixes here as downloadable. All tracks will be separate, unlike on mixcloud, which should please some of you.
Many years ago, I used to DJ live, with my pal Manerg, in various pubs/clubs. Our main objective was to play mostly obscure stuff with the odd familiar tune thrown in, and to be as diverse as possible. So for one gig we'd play something really poppy like Soft Cell's What then follow it up with The Chills' Flame-Thrower, just to test our audience and ourselves! More recently I've been DJing online, keeping the same objective, then trying to recreate those shows on mixcloud. No speaking between songs, we never did that when DJing in the past, it just got in the way of the music and disrupted the flow.

Admittedly the first few volumes I posted on mixcloud were a bit more extreme in content, some abrupt changes in tempo/genre, or even too many consecutive songs of similar genre. I like to think that improved somewhat the more shows/volumes I compiled. There's one main theme to all of these volumes though, that being all cover art was supplied by my pal Katie for which I usually manipulated the photos to a certain degree, or left as they were.


  1. Opal - All Souls (2:17)
  2. Roxy Music - Triptych (3:09)
  3. The Shamen - I Don't Like (2:58)
  4. Chaz Bundick Meets The Mattson 2 - Disco Kid (4:23)
  5. Butter 08 - Mono Lisa (4:54)
  6. Ali Danel - À Peine Défigurée (3:08)
  7. John Matthias - Three Chord Trick (3:23)
  8. Circus - St. Thomas (3:32)
  9. Roger Rodier - Listen to These Chords I Play (Celeste) (3:08)
10. Kim Fowley - The Frail Ocean (2:03)
11. The Attractions - Slow Patience (2:13)
12. The Heliocentrics - A World of Masks (7:44)
13. Broadcast - Tears in the Typing Pool (2:09)
14. Alceu Valença & Geraldo Azevedo - Virgem Virgínia (2:30)
15. Jack - The Emperor of New London (4:48)
16. Ghost Hunt - Red Zone (5:22)
17. Pedro Santos - Sem Sombra (3:07)
18. Jean-Pierre Decerf - Strange Form (5:22)
19. Jarvis Cocker - Pilchard (4:00)
20. The Black Angels - Comanche Moon (4:47)
21. Farm - Outeriff (2:52) 



1 comment:

Sebastian said...

Super stuff! And as always, plenty of new discoveries! I really enjoy the geographical variety as well.