Saturday 23 April 2016

Folk Extractions Volume 3: The Isolation of Midwinter



01. Tangerine - It's Ending (4:23)
02. Daylight - Yes (2:26)
03. Andy Armstrong - Over and Over (3:28)
04. Jackson C. Frank - I Want to Be Alone (Dialogue) (3:17)
05. The Incredible String Band - No Sleep Blues (3:50)
06. Flibbertigibbet - The Black Cap (2:19)
07. Jan Dukes de Grey - High Priced Room (2:38)
08. Blops - Alantico (2:35)
09. Meic Stevens - Yorric (8:44)
10. David Santo - Rising of Scorpio (3:17)
11. Fotheringay - Late November (4:36)
12. Mellow Candle - Buy or Beware (3:03)
13. Bruce Janaway - Odes (A) (5:01)
14. Gimmer Nicholson - Hermetic Waltz (3:39)
15. Bert Jansch - Night Time Blues (7:11)
16. Karma - Tributo ao Sorriso (3:13)
17. Tudor Lodge - Two Steps Back (2:50)
18. The Hubbels - Dream Mover (2:12)
19. Mike Fiems - Seven Years (3:53)
20. Tim Dawe - Didn't We Love (5:06)





8 comments:

jose kortozirkuito said...

hi friend
Long time waiting for this third volume, I hope it is as good as the previous two.
Greetings from Spain
Jose

robot said...

Good day :)
Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much. Great comp!

juan manuel muñoz said...

thanks, thanks and more thanks, bro

wcpaeb said...

Thanks for vol 3
for some reason I didn't have a problem D/L'ing it.

Here's a few suggestions for vol 4

Perry Leopold - the 35th of May (70)
F.J. McMahon - The Spirit of the Golden Juice (69)
Just Others - A Dialogue Between A Young Man and The Night (74)
Dayle Stanley - A Child of Hollow Times (63)
Dayle Stanley - the Human Song (63)
Dave Bixby - Morning Sun (69)
or maybe use this last one for a Xian comp?

thanks again

slugbucket said...

Thanks for the feedback wcpaeb. I have over 70 tracks shortlisted for future volumes but will welcome any suggestions. Funnily enough I have that Bixby track in my shortlist so it will probably appear on volume 4 or 5... I've got Perry Leopold in my shorlist too but a different track, "The Starewell". The other tracks you listed I'm not familiar with so will have to check them out. Thanks!

wcpaeb said...

~I have over 70 tracks shortlisted for future volumes but will welcome any suggestions.

That's quite a backlog of tracks, I look forward to those future vols

~Funnily enough I have that Bixby track in my shortlist so it will probably appear on volume 4 or 5... I've got Perry Leopold in my shortlist too but a different track, "The Starewell".

Not too surprised you have tracks by those 2 artists since you have over 70 picked out and there's a lot less folkish tracks to choose from than psych

~The other tracks you listed I'm not familiar with so will have to check them out.

~You should be able to hear them on youtube since almost everything has been posted there. In fact I posted those 2 tracks by Dayle Stanley but don't think you will be able to find a lossless copy of those songs I only found a MP3 of her 2 LPs
thanks again for posting all your comps and in lossless too

Anonymous said...

Thank you! these are great comps.