Sunday 11 August 2019

It's a Funked Up World - Volume 1



I figured it's about time I made a funk mix for the blog. Like my Oozings compilations, these will feature artists from all over the world, mostly obscure but the odd well known act will appear. "It's a Funked Up World" concentrates on the peak years of funk music, from the late 60s to the mid 70s. I have tagged in the music files the origin of each song, but have also included a text file with this information.


  1. Black Heat - Wanaoh (3:48)
  2. Geraldo Pino & The Heartbeats - Shake Hands (4:50)
  3. Skull Snaps - It's a New Day (3:00)
  4. BLO - Mind Walk (5:34)
  5. Alan Parker - Punch Bowl (2:37)
  6. The Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Hihache (6:59)
  7. Banbarra - Shack Up (3:02)
  8. Nico Gomez and His Afro Percussion Inc. - Lupita (3:40)
  9. Exit 9 - Straight Up (3:16)
10. Cymande - Fug (4:25)
11. Hearts of Soul & Shampoo - We Love the Policeman (4:50)
12. The Pharaohs - Black Enuff (2:53)
13. Peter King - Shango (5:36)
14. Ebony Rhythm Band - The Thought of Losing Your Love (3:00)
15. War - Get Down (4:14)
16. Mustafa Özkent ve Orkestrasi - Burçak Tarlalari (2:54)
17. Black Nasty - Getting Funky Round Here (2:40)
18. Darondo - King's Man (4:16)
19. Oneness of Juju - Poo Too / Liberation Dues (8:15)






3 comments:

François said...

Promptly dled , i am sure to enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Fantastic collection - thank you. I hope this will indeed become a series.
I had this in my headphones on a 5 mile run today, and it made me flail and bounce down the path. The Lafayette/Shack Up/Perez Prado sequence came on as the uphill stretch began,and I was in bliss.
Great sequencing - and a few new artists for me to hunt for - I do look forward to Volumes 2 through 40.

Cheers,
JB

slugbucket said...

Thanks everyone. JB, I'm not sure these'll stretch to 40 volumes, but there'll be at least 3! Volume 2 coming up very soon.