Tuesday 17 October 2017

Sour Kraut Volume 2


6+ years since the first krautrock mix, here's Volume 2. Whereas the first volume featured mostly the better known bands from this era, this one concentrates on many lesser heard bands. I've included Faust again because... why not?!? I've also gone against my previous declaration of not having Can on any of these mixes, but this is one of their less familiar tunes, a 1972 recording which was previously unheard until the 2012 collection "The Lost Tapes" was released. Once again this was made using the program Mixmeister, and all the tracks segue from one song to the next, so this mix is best played in order. Enjoy!


  1. Michael Rother - Zeni (4:56)
  2. Cornucopia - Morning Sun (2:59)
  3. Thirsty Moon - Tune In (4:53)
  4. Between - Devotion (3:40)
  5. Faust - Party 9 (5:48)
  6. Cluster - Caramba (3:38)
  7. Annexus Quam - Osmose II (3:00)
  8. Dzyan - Electric Silence (4:22)
  9. Embryo - End of Soul (4:07)
10. Can - Bubble Rap (9:15)
11. Eulenspygel - Untertanenfabrik (3:51)
12. Popol Vuh - Selig Sind, Die da Willig Arm Sind (3:06)
13. Sperrmüll - No Freak Out (6:32)
14. My Solid Ground - The Executioner (3:27)
15. Kraftwerk - Heimatklänge (3:35)
16. A.R. & Machines - Als Hätt Ich Das Alles Schon Mal Gesehen (5:10)
17. Krokodil - Light of Day (5:19)

 

8 comments:

doors97426 said...

Thank You So Much These are awesome volume 1 and volume 2

Anonymous said...

I think volume 2 is better from 1.
Thanks for both of them!

slugbucket said...

Thanks doors97426 & Anon. Yes, I also think vol 2 is better than 1. Volume 1 was more of an introduction whereas the 2nd volume is a bit more "out there". Hopefully it won't be 6+ years until the 3rd volume. :)

zipper said...

The music on both volumes of Sour Kraut is excellent but is there a chance you could upload a version with the tracks separated instead of mixed together? For me that would make this great collection really unbeatable. Many thanks.

slugbucket said...

Hi zipper. Well, personally I found both volumes sounded much better mixed than separated, which is why I chose to post both volumes that way. I could do both with tracks separate but it isn't my #1 priority right now, as it'd take some time to gather together all tracks again and to redo! But I'm not saying it won't happen, just maybe...! The tracks don't bleed that much into each other that much, plus when you see other similar mixes, like the ones Andy Votel compiles (though he does it much more professionally than me), I doubt they get asked to provide an alternative!

zipper said...

Well you know what they say...if you don't ask you don't get. No worries just a big thanks for the great music you provide.

slugbucket said...

As a special Christmas gift, zipper, I shall post an unmixed version of Sour Kraut 2 before the week is out. So keep your eyes peeled! Thanks also to everyone else who follows my blog and hope you all have a great new year.

Stu said...

Many thanks sludgbucket for Sour Kraut Volume 2 , like all your compilations it is awesome my friend.....Love & Peace Stu